We are committed to providing you with reliable service
Auerbach Law Group, P.C. is a respected law firm advocating for clients in tax law cases. Based in White Plains, we are familiar with the courts throughout all of New York. Our attorneys have the necessary skill to help you resolve your legal problem. With more than four decades of experience, we are focused on your success. Please read our profiles to learn more about our professional backgrounds.
Our attorneys are knowledgeable in multiple areas of the law
Auerbach Law Group, P.C. has a thorough understanding of New York law.
When you retain the services of Auerbach Law Group, P.C., you can be assured that your attorney is fully qualified to take on your case.
We handle cases in the following areas:
- Tax Law: Tax law is an incredibly complex legal area. From preparation and filing to evasion and fraud, no matter what issue you are facing, you need to be represented by an experienced and knowledgeable tax law attorney.
- Business Law: Our attorneys handle a full range of business law services, including formation, financial investment counseling, contract review and development, breach of contract, shareholder disputes and more. For experienced advocacy for your business, contact us today.
- Civil Tax Controversies & Trials: Auerbach Law Group, P.C. has extensive experience in civil tax controversies. We regularly represent clients before the Internal Revenue Service and before New York State and City tax authorities. Our firm has the talent and resources to respond to any challenge by tax authorities. As a result of the firm’s many years of practice in this field, our attorneys have a unique familiarity with revenue agencies’ practices and personnel.In addition, the firm regularly represents clients who wish to limit their civil liability for past failures to file accurate tax returns, or who failed to file tax returns. The firm has negotiated voluntary disclosures with the Internal Revenue Service, thereby both avoiding criminal prosecution and limiting civil penalties on behalf of clients with foreign bank accounts who failed to report significant amounts of income earned domestic and foreign sources.The firm has also represented taxpayers with alleged abusive tax shelter investments, obtaining very favorable results. Our objective in tax matters is to resolve issues quickly, efficiently, and successfully. We seek inventive ways to resolve tax controversies prior to litigation, while always being prepared to take a matter to trial when this is tactically to our client’s advantage. Our experience encompasses all facets of negotiation with tax authorities, and all phases of tax litigation, including responding to audits, summonses and subpoenas, preparing administrative protests and petitions, discovery, depositions, dispositive motions, and trial trials. We also represent clients faced with demands for documents or testimony in connection with examinations of other taxpayers.
- Federal Taxes: We handle federal tax matters of public and closely-held corporations, partnerships, and individuals. Our clients are drawn from all areas of the United States. We represent taxpayers before the Examination Division, Appeals Office, and Collection Division of the Internal Revenue Service. Our firm frequently appears in cases docketed in the United States Tax Court, and the United States District Courts. We regularly obtain abatements of penalties, acceptances of offers in compromise, and innocent spouse relief. In addition, we are experienced in handling estate and gift tax matters.
- New York State and City Taxes: Our firm represents corporate and individual clients in connection with state tax issues including corporate franchise, sales, payroll, and personal income taxes. The high rate of taxes imposed by New York State and City frequently drives taxpayers to seek to change their residence. These attempts are often challenged by the authorities. We have extensive experience in litigating these issues and have successfully defended many individuals in residency cases.
- Criminal Tax Fraud: Practicing in the criminal tax fraud area for 40 years, our tax experience serves us well in representing clients faced with criminal tax investigations conducted by the IRS, the Tax Division of the Department of Justice, or local United States Attorneys’ offices. We regularly represent clients facing allegations of failure to report income, fraudulently overstated deductions, failure to collect and pay employment taxes, preparation of false returns, failure to file returns, presentation of false documents to the IRS, conspiracy to impede or obstruct the IRS, as well as other tax-related crimes.
- Estate and Tax Planning, and Wealth Management: Attorneys associated with our firm have decades of experience in sophisticated estate planning and estate administration. We draft highly individualized wills and trusts, and are proud of the ways in which we tailor our advice to our clients’ unique personal needs. We design estate plans that minimize income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes, and address financial and personal objectives such as asset protection, business succession, charitable giving, noncitizen spouse planning, and the like. We work closely with our clients’ family, their accountants, financial planners and trust officers to ensure a coordinated approach to our clients’ wishes and objectives. We have access to professionals who provide a full range of services to fiduciaries and beneficiaries in connection with the administration of substantial and complex estates and trusts. We use sophisticated up to date technology to prepare estate and gift tax returns in full compliance with the law and with the objective of minimizing income, estate and gift taxation while similarly reducing the risk of audits with the taxing authorities.
Contact our reputable White Plains law firm today
Auerbach Law Group, P.C. sees your case through from start to finish. Let our lawyers work with you to address your legal concerns. Our offices are conveniently located in White Plains. Call the firm at 914-821-5146 to arrange your consultation or contact the firm online.